Let's cooperate
I spent the weekend reading about cooperative learning and digital storytelling. I bookmarked these sites at delicious.com/activescience and read Cooperative learning in NZ by Brown and Thomson.
I realize now that my failure at implementing cooperative learning last week was due to the activities not being structured. I assumed the students would all help each other to complete the task. They did not.
The groups were presenting their learning as a question and answer wiki page. This was a bit boring and I think I will get them using photostory to make a digital story. Some may choose to add a narration. I might get students to caption some photos I provide and put on their wiki page. I would like to use software that can store their group story on the web because the students do not have a group folder to store this. They could also work on their stories outside school. I also thought of converting the movies they make to gp3 files like I did last year so they could watch them on their cellphones.
-- Post From My iPhone

<< Home