Friday, April 9, 2010

Reflections on the last term




Here on holiday the last term of teaching seems a distant memory. I am writing this at Cooper's Beach in the far north of New Zealand. Otahuhu College in South Auckland and teaching seem like another world. Except now I have an iPhone and am starting to use Twitter and Blogger I am connecting with other teachers and am bringing the world of teaching to my iPhone. In the last few days I have learnt what a PLN is, http://onceateacher.wordpress.com/2009/05/05/pln-your-personal-learning-network-made-easy/ , and am building one for myself. I am having another attempt at blogging after reading some useful blogs. One insight I have gained is that a good blog for me communicates the feelings of the blogger as well as the content of the blog. I have tried BlogWriter app but am now using BlogPress; this has more capability and I think that it is easier to use. I intend to blog about my teaching and I can see that a blog could be a good way to document and reflect on an action research project. The boat in the photo is Te Aurere, http://teaurere.org.nz/ , in Mangonui harbour. -- Post From My iPhone