Monday, March 24, 2025

Kaiteretere 24/3/25

 

We saw this shipwreck on the way out. It would be nice to do a watercolour of this. Perhaps watercolours will be my next artistic challenge. We stopped off for a pie and coffee at Riwaka’s Little Dynamite Cafe and shared a steak and ale pie and a smoked fish pie, both were delicious. We rode on through the mountain bike path which was part of the cycle way. This was challenging so we rode the downwards leg on the road and then up to our accommodation at Kimi Ora Eco Reserve.

We enjoyed a spa and swim in their pools and then had dinner at the Beached Whale, I had mussels in a coconut soup. They drove us back to the resort up the hill. 

At nightfall we walked to the glow worms. At the start of the stretch of track was a route that guided you along the 100 metres where could be seen. There were so many and it was a beautiful sight. 

I have made some changes to my blogging text recently. I am using PhotoScan from Google to scan the drawings. It corrects the shading and does the cropping automatically. Also I am using the chrome browser on the iPhone to write the blog, it is easier to use than safari.